SIZING | A Quick Guide
ObiMama is the leader in creating carriers that fit a dynamic range of body types. All bodies are unique: from basics of height and weight, to hip flexibility and "arms-in" preferences, ObiMama has you covered. When in doubt... it's better to have a toddler in a carrier that's too small than a baby in a carrier that's too large.
Shoulder Strap Sizing
Our two different carriers have different shoulder strap width:
- WCMT: Half the width of the original wrap. Measurements are taken from longest rail.
- WWMT: 80" long and 24" wide. Tissue weight linen kombi straps with blunt edges.
We also offer four length sizes, because it's not a custom fit unless it's really a custom fit:
- Petite: 75″
- Small: 80″
- Medium: 85″
- Large: 90″
Body Size: Length and Stages
We offer two lengths:
- Short: 16″ long, not including waistband or sleep hood
- Tall: 18″ long, not including waistband or sleep hood
We also offer three "stages:"
- Stage 1 (baby): 16″ wide seat, not including seat darts
- Stage 2 (toddler): 18″ wide seat, not including seat darts
- Stage 3 (pre-schooler): 20″ wide seat, not including seat darts
ex: short stage 1, short stage 2, tall stage 2, tall stage 3….
ex: SS1, SS2, TS2, TS3….
In between sizing available for full custom carriers...
Waist Strap Sizing
Our two different carriers have different waist options too:
WCMT: Classic three piece waistband. Center top-stitched section is 20″ x 5″ wide at widest point.
Single layer waist ties are half the width of the original wrap.
We also offer four length sizes, for your comfort, convenience, and safety of you and your precious little one:
- Petite: 55″
- Small: 60″
- Medium: 70″
- Large: 80″
WWMT: 70" one-piece waistband firmly padded and quilted center with lightly padded waist ties.
Custom WWMT can also be made with 65" waistband or 75" waistband.